- Toast sesame, pumpkin, and sunflower seeds and set aside. Sauté cooked chunks of sweet potatoes in coconut oil with cumin, paprika, garlic granules, salt and pepper. Toss seeds back in and stir to coat. Serve warm or cold.
- Cook Asian rice noodles. Chop veggies, garlic, and ginger and stir fry with protein in toasted sesame oil. Add cooked noodles to stir fry and toss to coat.
- Quinoa and vegetables
- Black beans, squash or sweet potatoes, cheese (optional), quesadillas
- Cooked beans mixed with pesto pureed into a dip
- White bean, olive oil, parmesan dip
- Grated carrots (optional burdock) with dressing: tamari or shoyu, rice vinegar, toasted sesame oil sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds
- Canned salmon or tuna into burgers with sautéed veggies
- Wilted green salad (dump sautéed garlic, nuts and salt over greens)
- Miso soup with udon noodles (wide noodles)
- Fried rice with egg and veggies
- Leftover rice in a bowl with some veggies; pour hot tea or broth over it
- Noodle or grain with peanut sauce and pan fried protein and boiled veggies (Almond Ginger Drizzle online)
- Fried eggs with leftover rice and greens
- Baked eggs in polenta nests (3.5 cups water to 1 c. polenta for quick cooking; with salt; cook about 15 minutes)
- Leftover rice and lentils with veggies into a burger
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Here are the notes I took when we talked about quick recipes at Emily's last month. I'd be happy to edit this post with any others you'd like to add, or you could create your own list and link to this post. This is one we'll surely want to add to...