I found this recipe online and LOVED it!! Great for using some of my oats, cinnamon and the bounty of berries.....
not too sweet and a delicious breakfast!!!!
raspberry/blackberry oat breakfast bars
(recipe adapted from The Kitchen Sink)
2 c old-fashioned organic rolled oats
2 c whole-wheat organic pastry flour
1 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1/2 t kosher salt
1 t ground cinnamon
6 T cold unsalted butter
1 c plain organic yogurt
1 T lemon juice
2 t pure vanilla extract
1/2 c white sugar
1 T cornstarch
3 c frozen organic raspberries/blackberries
2 T raspberry jam
2 T organic raw sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Butter a 9×13″ glass pan and line with 1 piece of parchment paper, allowing the paper to hang over the sides. Butter parchment and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, blend together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir in the oats & the cinnamon. Chop the butter into small pieces and drop into the flour/oat mixture. Use your hands to blend until the dough resembles small peas.
3. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon juice and vanilla together. Pour this mixture into the flour/butter mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until it just comes together.
4. In another bowl, roughly chop up 2 cups of the berries and mix with cornstarch and white sugar. Toss in the remaining berries.
5. Press a bit more than half of the dough into the prepared 9×13″ pan and spread the berry mixture over top. Dollop the raspberry jam over top of the berries and crumble over the remaining dough over top. Sprinkle with raw sugar.
6. Bake for about 50 minutes or until the berries are bubbling and the oats are golden brown. Remove from oven to cool completely before cutting into squares.