This is adapted from Vegetables Every Day, by Jack Bishop.
3 sweet potatoes
oil of choice
spices (I like cardamom, or cracked black pepper with coriander)
- Put a large, rimmed cookie sheet in the oven. Preheat to 425 degrees.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into 1/2" wedges. Toss them with oil, good salt, and your seasonings of choice.
- When the cookie sheet is hot, brush a little additional oil on the pan.
- Add the sweet potato wedges carefully, in one layer, to the hot pan. You want them to roast, not steam, so make sure that there is a little bit of space around each wedge.
- Bake, without turning or stirring, until bottom of each wedge is well browned. Turn carefully to avoid smashing the wedges. Bake until evenly browned and crisp. Adjust seasonings and dig in!